Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy 4-Year Anniversary CVR!



Anniversaries are sometimes wonderful aren't they. It's a great time to reflect, remember, rant and relish good times and appreciate having crossed over the not so good times. November is a very interesting month for me in particular. Both my parents were born in November (Happy Birthday Mom and Dad), I was married in November, later divorced in November (I didn't plan that, trust me...lol). Caribbean Vibes Radio (CVR) was created in November as well! Needless to say, my emotions tend to work overtime in November, as my mind has plenty to wrap around. Many people have come and gone in and out of my life, and have helped to mold me into the woman I am today. Most of all I'm greatful for my journey thus far. I don't need anyone to sing the song, "I'm so special, I'm so special, so special, so special....ooops, got carried away there with that big chune, but nontheless, I am truly blessed. That I am!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CVR - BIG 4!

I've told the story about the early days of CVR. What I want to do is to mention a few people who have been instrumental in the early days. Big shouts to Susan and Todd of Arious Entertainment. Before CVR launched, i created a survey and shared it with Susan and Todd, who then offered to share and distribute it among their subscribers. Each day for the next couple of weeks, i would receive results of the data from their readers, which accounted for a significant portion of my total responses. Once all my data was compiled, I moved forward to help create CVR, with the help of Reggie and Cleveland, former owners of im4radio. My brother Mark was also helpful in critiquing my press releases and other written data.Paul Mack PauL MacK, formerly DJ Fabulous was great in helping to fuse the music according to my plan. He created the CVR Insominac" club, as listeners in Europe would stay posted to the internet without fail when he delivered "Sizzling Thursdays" and later "Reggae Bring Back Love". Throughout the 4 years, CVR has attracted a brilliant and loyal team. Big ups to DJ Solo in Houston, my Jamaican DJ who specializes in soca and reggaeton,DJ Solo Mr. T-Mann, DJ's former show partner, Ms. IO, one of the best Caribbean entertainment reporters anywhere! Gusma-TDJ Gusma-T, my Italian DJ who plays reggae like he was born in Jamaica, DJ Kut Effeckt, my French DJ who specializes in American hip-hop and R&B, Mr. TM from Trinidad who brings gospel and inspiration in true Caribbean flavor. There are others as well who have trodded with me at some of our events, including my sister - Nikki, Ayeolamy fabulous design team, Diana, Dee and Iesha. There are other special people like Al Twitty, my voice-over guy. Other folks who were generous to write lovely things about CVR, like Chris from the Washington Post, Peppy of Peppy Entertainment and Promotions. Special shouts to one of my favorite Washington, DC area deejays. I know he's prefer I don't mention his name, (he's from Barbados...hint..hint). He introduced me to many people on the local entertainment scene and looked out for a sistah. Thank you my brother...I have mad respect for you. :-) For all those I haven't mentioned, please don't feel no way, I appreciate you, Ziggy you large! All the special listeners for your notes of appreciation and encouragement. I probably would have quit a long time ago, had it not been for you guys listening and sharing what CVR means to you. One Love.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE

CVR was selected as Best Local Radio Station in the 'Best of Jamaica in Washington, DC 2008' winner's category.

No comments: